Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Script for CCR #2

My second CCR video will include the questions:
"How did your production skills develop throughout this project?"
"How did you integrate technologies – software, hardware and online – in this project?"


It is not set in stone but here is what I am thinking of saying:


I finally finished this portfolio project. 6 weeks later and I'm done. I never thought this day would come! So let's recap. It all started when I joined Aice media and we had to create something called a sound project.

I had yet to learn how to create a soundscape or anything. That is when I began to ask friends and watch YouTube tutorials because I knew I needed to know how to edit sound for some "portfolio project" we had to do.

The music video project really challenged me to not only be able to edit, but also act. Once our concept was established, we as filmmakers had to translate it into visual imagery through cinematography and visual storytelling techniques. This involves selecting appropriate shots, framing compositions, and capturing scenes that convey the intended emotion and message we tried to get across.







All of these projects helped to improve my editing and filmmaking skills. I encountered challenges and obstacles during the production process.


For example, when I forgot to bring my jeans for one of the scenes, I had to reflim and it was a huge setback. It taught me how to work around a situation and adapt to changes like a lot of the scenes were altered because they weren't how I envisioned them.


I improved my time management skills by prioritizing tasks, setting deadlines, and efficiently getting all of the actors and resources I needed.




Working on a film project often involves collaboration with a team of cast and crew members. My partner and I had trouble finding dates that we were both available for us to work on the film. I had to film some scenes without my partner which made it difficult but I overcame these challenges by having other friends help me film.







Paying attention to detail is essential in every aspect of filmmaking, from scriptwriting to post-production. While Madi was editing, she realized a huge problem. There was no throw up in the toilet, making it a very unrealistic shot. To fix this issue, Madi had to edit in a way to make the shot quick and not draw attention to the toilet.



And that ladies is how you use technology to overcome errors. Speaking of technology, you might want to know how I even produced all of this.


I used YouTube to search sounds and the music behind my project.



To film the actual project, I used an iPhone 15 pro max.






Madi and I used iMovie to edit.



I actually used the Voice Memos app to record the teacher speaking and the student's responses.








I also used Blogger to document my entire filming process.



Overall, when I joined aice media I really had no idea about everything that goes on behind the scenes of film making. There are so many different aspects of film that you don't see. From picking the location to wardrobe choices and finding actors,





I underestimated how much went into actually making my own film. I can't wait to create more in the future and I definetly have way more respect for filmmakers.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

These videos not only reflect my process of this projectc but also my intentions I tried to put out into the world. After putting in lots of...