Friday, February 2, 2024

Music Marketing Blog Post #2

 


For the researching part, Madi, Clara, and I started to research country music after receiving our genre. None of us had that much knowledge of country music besides Madi so it was very interesting to research.

We completed our research chart by splitting it up with two case studies for myself and one for Madi and Clara.  

Example from our Music Research Chart





After hearing our very heart-wrenching song, “Need You Now” we knew that this song had to be about two individuals. Madi, Clara, and I decided that our singer, Kacey Smith, would represent a brand to help navigate women, aged 25 to 40, through the complexities of relationships and life. Our video would be based on Madi and I splitting up as friends. 

 






Example from our Google Doc brainstorming sheet.


Clara took over the marketing campaign, creating a captivating website and social media accounts as well as pre-launch details.




Madi and I created a storyboard which made the filming process a lot easier but we had some complications when we realized that some clips just did not belong and some needed to be added. We did not rush and made any necessary changes.



4 examples of shots from our storyboard.



The filming process was not easy, but it wasn’t as bad as it seemed. We had plenty of retakes, and a lot of changes were made along the way. We each took turns filming depending on who was in the shot.




Madi filmed a high-angle of me during our music video.





                            Madi took on the role of editing our music video. She created flashbacks by putting a black-and-white filter over us up above.

For the presentation, I primarily did most of it. We all filmed our voiceovers and Madi implemented them into the presentation. It took a long time and we had to make sure it looked appropriate for the genre.



Overall, I think I put my all into this project and didn’t know what I was capable of. After seeing that I had to complete a research chart, storyboard, music video, and presentation, I thought all of that was so unnecessary. Little did I know that all of that was extremely important to plan and it made things go by so much faster. I also underestimated the amount of time that needed to be put into the music video because there were many retakes, and the presentation was not formed in one try. When creating my Cambridge portfolio, I will definitely be thinking about planning ahead and accounting for time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

These videos not only reflect my process of this projectc but also my intentions I tried to put out into the world. After putting in lots of...