Sunday, March 17, 2024

CCR?!



Blogger, I don't know what to do. I obviously need two different ideas for my two CCR's but one of my ideas, and the only idea I had, was a flop.

I told my teacher about how I want to take inspiration from "Get Ready With Me's" (GRWM's) which I already told you guys about. But, my teacher said that those usually don't turn out well, and it's a lot of "talking head." I really thought I would be able to do it and not make it seem like I am a talking head, but she says it is really hard to accomplish. I really want to take the risk because I think I am capable of it. I thought I could overcome the whole "talking head" thing by incorporating lots of multimedia during it, and continue the next step of my makeup routine after I show a video or picture. I make these videos alllll the time, but I'm not sure I should take the risk since I want to do well on this exam.

The CCR is going to take so long and we're going on Spring Break. I need to come up with these ideas and make scripts STAT. I will probably have to film during spring break except for the fact that I will be in Aruba. I may have to film in Aruba and maybe do an interview thing? There's a trend on TikTok going around of people with mini microphones asking peoples names and a specific question, so maybe I could say something like "what's your name?," and then ask, "did you see Chloe Blum's viral video about...." I can have most people answer yes, and then ask a question I need to be answered. It would be good to have a few people say no, making it more realistic. The only thing is, is that, it doesn't feel original and it may be hard to accomplish.

Inspo: https://www.tiktok.com/@timetosalsa/video/7194553177772002602?_r=1&_t=8klLIBm6IMU

Knowing that I still have to film and edit both videos is stressing me out, especially with it being due right after spring break, so I need to manage my time. I feel like filming in Aruba may be chaotic and not give me enough time. I want to speak with my friend Amanda, the SGA historian because I think she could help me come up with trendy ideas that would help me get my point across.

Ok it's been literally two minutes but I just talked to Amanda and she gave me some really good ideas. First, she said to do an idea like this where I create the CCR like a regular video, with multimedia and all, and then repeat the whole script as the video plays and say how it is my "special talent." I like this idea and I will consider it. She suggested also doing a cooking video like adding a little bit of this and a little bit of that while still putting multimedia over the video but I'm not sure about that one.





She also recommended doing carpool karaoke, where I create a song about the film, play it in the car with friends, repeat the lyrics from the song, and put multimedia when the song talks about certain elements. Creating a whole song can be really challenging and it may be hard to not look like a talking head during it. She took inspiration from James Corden's Carpool Karaoke.


I'll let you know what I will figure out and I'm going to speak with my teacher, but that's it for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

These videos not only reflect my process of this projectc but also my intentions I tried to put out into the world. After putting in lots of...