Thursday, March 21, 2024

Day 2 Filming

Heyyyyyyyy!! So today, I filmed my walking into the school scene and my walking through the hallway scenes. I lowkey had a breakdown because I had to film in lunch, which is only 30 minutes, and my partner Madi wasn't answering the phone to meet up and film. I knew I had to start, as today would be the last day to film in school, due to Madi not being there tomorrow (which I could've filmed without her but I feel like I need her validation) so I had to use my 30 minutes wisely.

After my breakdown, my friends helped me gather people from lunch to help film me in the hallway. I knew I needed a lot of people, which has been stressing me out, so I grabbed about 7 people to come help me.

Until Madi came, we skipped the walking into the school scene and went straight to the hallway scene. I had my friend Alexandra film me walking through the doors of the school. We had a boy (that we randomly found) walk across the camera to give the effect that the school is busy and give it a realistic feel of a school environment. My friend Lucy came out of the doors as I was walking in, reinforcing the school environment idea.


We found two girls in the hallway and they agreed to be in the film as well, and they said, "Hey Lily."


The use of friends saying "hi" shows how the student body is aware of Lily and that she is well known partly due to becoming valedictorian. It really just establishes the idea that Lily is very present in society and is known by many others.







The use of teachers and staff included in my film opening shows an established relationship or even just popularity within Lily. The amount of staff that congratulate or say hi to her shows how she's popular among the faculty mostly due to her active participation in the school and the positive relationships she's made along the way of becoming valedictorian.
















As you may see, by the picture above, I did get to film the walking into school, and having the security guard say "Hi Lily" really enhanced the idea of everyone knowing her. This is one of the conflicts Lily has in this film's opening; her popularity and bright future make her so well-known that when people find out she is pregnant, it will have a huge effect on her.




The boy on the right also volunteered to be in the opening.







The girls in the left third represent what high school really looks like. We made the decision of leaving Liliy without a phone, to highlight that she is not influenced by trends or other peoples OPINIONS. This shot juxtaposes her with the other two girls, even if it is just for a minor second.


What am I most concerned about, is the fluidity of the scene. The scene is supposed to be a series of tracking shots but I want to ensure that it looks visually appealing and natural. I separated the hallway scene into 4 different shots, as one whole tracking scene would just be too much for the actors and I to continue repeating. I would turn the corner as a technique to make the cut less noticeable but I will have to see when Madi edits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

These videos not only reflect my process of this projectc but also my intentions I tried to put out into the world. After putting in lots of...