Friday, March 22, 2024

Day 3 Filming


My filming is finally complete!!! I am so happy that I finally got to film the bathroom scene with the help of my friends, Lily and Lauren. Don’t get confused because we have an actor named Lily, and me who’s fake same is Lily.

We filmed after school on Thursday, yesterday, and went to a Publix.

The bathroom scene took us a bit of time.

As you can see in the picture above, I am not wearing the right pants. I actually forgot to bring. This was kind of a really big issue as I’ve been wearing jeans the entire time and it wasn’t possible to cover the pants. This Publix was also a little bit crowded in the bathroom and we had to wait for many people to leave the room. It was very chaotic and it wasn’t happy with the outcome. After leaving the Publix, I told my actor friends that we had to refilm and I had to change my jeans.



After facing this little obstacle, I went home, changed my jeans, and we headed to Gator Run Park. I knew bathrooms were a little bit bigger, so there was more room to film and get a wide shot. Although the Publix bathroom looked more like a school bathroom, I think the Gator Run Parks one still worked and I still like the outcome better.






In the bathroom, I used my backpack, Lily’s backpack, two notebooks, and two pencils, as mise-en-scene elements. Lily obviously wore her backpack to show that she also is a student. I wanted to give the idea that I threw my backpack on the ground because I was nauseous and everything had fallen out of my bag. In the shots, my bag was kind of wide open with things out of it to give the effect that I had just thrown it down.






For the throwing up portion, I think that my noises were loud enough that I didn’t actually have to do a voiceover. the echoes, the bathroom was loud enough for my liking, but I have to see what Madi says as she edits.


We also added a scene. After I look back at lily to shake my head “yes” after asking if I’m good, then we both scramble to pick up all of my items off the floor and get back to class. it adds a sense of stress and an idea that the throwing up was more of a secret so we have to scramble to get back to class.



We took two different approaches of leaving the bathroom. For one of them, I would leave right after Lily, my friend actor, left the bathroom. And for the other one, I would follow her but look in the mirror for a second to pull my top down, insinuating that I have been gaining a little weight and anxious about my body.







Overall, I think my bathroom scene is pretty strong and I’m very happy with the outcome, even though I faced an obstacle.



We also treated ourselves to food after our hard work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

These videos not only reflect my process of this projectc but also my intentions I tried to put out into the world. After putting in lots of...