Thursday, February 29, 2024

Group Meeting



Hi! We grouped up in class today to find out things we can do to improve our projects and help others improve theirs. I found this extremely effective. Dino, a fellow classmate, came up with the great idea that after the puking scene, Lily and Jessica could leave the stall and slam the door (Zain and Dino even acted it out). He noted that the door slam could have a significant sound effect and as the sound comes on, the title could appear on the wall. I thought this was super cool and a great way to implement the title. Zain also let me know that filming of school bathrooms cannot be done during school hours so I think that was pretty important to know.


The members of my group also mentioned that my blogs should be titled with the name of what I’m talking about rather than numbering them so that it’s easier to organize. They also recommended that I don’t make the pictures of my script super big and just keep it as is or put the link of the PDF.


Zain and Dino also gave me great advice on how to make my flashbacks smoother, as flashbacks are hard to create. Zain said it would look good if I started off the flashback with just a close-up shot of Lily’s face zoning out. Then, Dino suggested a subtle fade-in of white noise and lighting/filtering to make the flashback look like it’s from the past. Another good idea that Dino had was to end the flashback with faint callings of Lily’s name by the teacher, and then the last calling of her name would be the end of the flashback and back to reality. Luis thinks that my intro might have a lot of components for two minutes, so I’m keeping in mind that some changes may have to be made or some scenes may have to be cut short.

This is an idea of the bathroom door closing that Dino suggested. 

https://youtu.be/mQpO7sRfGaI?si=97W7zkiDd2ZiQZF_

It's hard to explain how I want the title to look. This isn't the exact font or placement of the words I want, but it's just an idea.



I also had a couple links from the evidence of my research in my blogs, but they weren’t clickable, so they taught me how to make them clickable and easier to access, which I appreciated a lot.


I noticed that one of my group members had a really good idea of a police chase scene, as it fit the idea he was going for. The only issue was the visuals of the actual scene. I asked him to imagine how he wanted the scene to look and that he was going to need to implement a way to show a car chasing after another car. He needs to do this, not JUST from the perspective of inside one of the cars, if that makes sense. He should certainly film the faces of the drivers, but he also needs to actually show a car chasing another car from the exterior. I gave him the idea of maybe filming in the sunroof so that it gets a shot of the car chasing the other car so he doesn’t just film the men’s perspective. It’s kind of hard to explain, but I also let him know that he should definitely have a lot of shaky handheld camera movements in that specific scene, as it causes chaos and shows how the car may be going really fast, even if it isn’t. I also told him that maybe he should find an area that is rocky and not on concrete, to film it. I think my idea really helped him visualize and open his eyes to how he actually needs to film the scene rather than just seeing an idea and not planning how to film it.


After listening to the ideas of my classmates, I really like their ideas and I can’t wait to see what they come up with.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

These videos not only reflect my process of this projectc but also my intentions I tried to put out into the world. After putting in lots of...