Thursday, March 14, 2024

Sound Searching

Hey, blog!!! I have everything set for filming and now I need to look for sounds. I knew I did not need to gather that many sounds as I only needed white noise for the flashback, music for walking in the halls, a bell ring, and maybe a little chatter for the background noises at school. I am still considering if the throw-up sounds should be natural or online. It may seem fake if I don't use my own sounds, as we are in a bathroom, and it echoes. But, it may not be loud enough on video if I throw up from a distance from the camera. I think I am going to create a Foley (I will blog about it in a different video) of me gagging or throwing up in a bathroom (so it echoes) and put it over the shot of me hunched over in the bathroom.




Below is the link and credit for the song of Lily (me) walking into school. We were looking for an upbeat but not corny song of me walking in. It needed to match the vibe, and after searching on purple-planet.org, freesounds.com, pixabay.com, and Youtube, I think I found the one. We were stuck between the one down below and another one from Pixabay (which I unfortunately cannot remember) but we found something really nice, and bonus points for our teacher liking it!


The creators of the song describe the song, “Just Like That,” as "an uplifting, upbeat and positive modern hip hop track for content creators and ideal for vlogs, travel videos, advertising, montages, promos, openers, outros, teasers, and more."

They said we can "use this music track for FREE IN NON-COMMERCIAL VIDEOS (no promotion of paid products or services) on YouTube and social media without monetization." They say that, "to use it for free, simply subscribe to [their] channel, like [the] video, and credit [them] exactly as [followed] (no exceptions).
Credit (copy/paste):
Music by Elysium Audio Labs Track: “Just Like That” www.elysiumaudiolabs.com License: https://bit.ly/36mBO6N • Uplifting Hip Hop Background Music fo... Spotify: http://spoti.fi/3as7DLr"




So, with this info, I will most certainly credit them in our video. Here's the song!!




Music by Elysium Audio Labs Track: “Just Like That” www.elysiumaudiolabs.com License: https://bit.ly/36mBO6N • Uplifting Hip Hop Background Music fo... Spotify: http://spoti.fi/3as7DLr




For the white noise, I might have to talk to a classmate or the teacher on Monday because I can't find the sound I am envisioning. This sound from Pixabay is lowkey giving confusion vibes which I really like since Lily is confused about why Jake left but I'm uncertain and waiting to get back to class and talk to people about it.

The bell ring sound from Videvo was very easy to find and I think this is what I may use for the background school chatter.

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

These videos not only reflect my process of this projectc but also my intentions I tried to put out into the world. After putting in lots of...